Personnel Changes And Promotions:
- Jeff Herren has joined Blodgett Oven as v.p.-regional sales. Based in central California, he will be responsible for leading sales initiatives and regional strategy on the West Coast. Blodgett, headquartered in Burlington, Vt., is a division of Middleby Corp. Prior to joining Blodgett, Herren was a field marketing manager and area v.p. with Manitowoc Foodservice. He’s also held positions with Unified Brands, Vulcan and Win-Holt Equipment Group.
- GMCW has slated Marketing Agents South to handle sales in the Southeast. The Ridgeland, Miss., rep firm will represent GMCW’s Grindmaster, Cecilware, American Metal Ware and Crathco brands in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and west Tennessee. Marketing Agents South’s offices include a 1,400-sq.-ft. test kitchen; in addition to three salespeople in Ridgeland, it has equipment specialists in Little Rock, Ark.; Memphis, Tenn.; and New Orleans. GMCW is headquartered in Louisville, with locations in Illinois and Thailand.
- ITW FEG has appointed Jason Prondzinski as v.p.-dealer sales for North America. He succeeds Tom Szafranski, who announced in March his pending retirement from the company. Prondzinski has been with ITW FEG for 20 years, starting as a foodservice sales representative and moving up the corporate ladder with roles of increasing responsibility, including territory sales manager, manager-airline catering and marine, v.p.-national accounts and, most recently, v.p.-global accounts. In his new role, Prondzinski will have responsibility for all aspects of the dealer sales organization for ITW FEG’s Baxter, Hobart, Traulsen and Vulcan lines.
- Chuck Day, president of Manning Brothers Food Equipment Co. in Athens, Ga., has earned SEFAPro Level 7 status. Day, a 36-year foodservice equipment and supplies industry veteran, is one of six SEFA members to have earned the buying group’s top training status in the program focusing on training product knowledge, selling/business knowledge, and safety and operations. Day, who joined Manning Brothers 14 years ago, has been its president and owner for four years.
- Middleby Corp. has appointed Tarek Sarkis as regional v.p.-Middleby Worldwide. Sarkis will be responsible for the sales and marketing of all Middleby brand commercial cooking and beverage equipment, along with Viking residential appliances, in Russia, the Baltic States, Eastern Europe and parts of Central Europe. He has been with Middleby since 2005 and relocated to Belarus to pioneer new markets for Middleby brands. Sarkis will report to Douglas Dunn, president of Middleby Worldwide. “Tarek is an asset to our entire organization,” Dunn said. “He is responsible for the introduction of Middleby in this market, and he has successfully built relationships and directly addressed the needs and wants of this region.”