IFMA Announces 2016 Silver Plate Winners
As it has for six decades, the 62nd Annual IFMA Gold & Silver Plate Awards will honor operator excellence in nine different foodservice categories. Winners are nominated by IFMA members and industry leaders; one is chosen by a jury to receive the Gold Plate.
The 2016 Silver Plate winners are:
- Independent Restaurants/Multi-Concept: Thom Sehnert, founder/owner and president-Annie Gunn's and The Smokehouse Market.
- Chain Full Service/Multi-Concept: Stephen Carley, CEO-Red Robin Gourmet Burgers.
- Chain Limited Service: Charlie Morrison, president and CEO-Wingstop.
- Healthcare: Diane Imrie, director-Nutrition Services, University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Elementary & Secondary Schools: Jeff Denton, director-Child Nutrition Programs, Ponca City Public Schools.
- Colleges & Universities: Rafi Taherian, associate vice president-Yale Hospitality, Yale University.
- Business & Industry/Foodservice Management: Mike Barclay, president-Southern Foodservice Management.
- Specialty Foodservice: Rick Abramson, executive v.p./chief operating officer-Delaware North Cos.
- Hotels & Lodging: Wolfgang Lindlbauer, chief discipline leader-Global Operations, Marriott Int’l.
The Gold Plate Award will be announced at the 62nd Annual Gold & Silver Plate Awards Celebration in Chicago on May 21. In addition, a new award will be unveiled by the National Restaurant Association that recognizes an operator for their distinguished career in foodservice.