Associate Editor, Multichannel Content
Foodservice Equipment Reports, part of FER Media LLC, is looking for a digital writer to join our editorial team. FER Media has been growing our product offerings across multiple channels, and we are looking for a self-motivated candidate with a passion for breaking news, social media and digital story formats.
This is a work-from-home position with the potential for limited travel to cover events about 10-15% of the time. While we operate in the B2B space, we are passionate about innovation and fresh ideas. So, if you want to be part of a quick-moving, industry-leading media brand that is growing, we want to hear from you.
- Content curator for website: Report, write and post daily breaking news, and develop “next-day” digital stories (i.e., deeper dives and analysis of news topics and trends).
- Ensure strong lead stories and subject lines for newsletters using past analysis and A/B testing. Plan and curate editorial lineups for newsletters.
- Brainstorm and create content for digital editorial packages, events, videos and magazine articles.
- Own social media efforts: Study best practices and analytics, post platform-appropriate content regularly, and grow and engage target audience on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Work with digital team to improve SEO-rich content archive to increase traffic and engagement.
- Develop custom content ideas and help execute projects based on our partners’ goals and objectives and grow their brands’ digital presence.
- Attend industry events and post real-time coverage through digital articles and social media. Plan, coordinate and contribute to team coverage of large industry events.
- Write content for print magazine, as needed.
- Cultivate story leads and sources. Develop deep industry knowledge and understanding of the needs, challenges and top-of-mind issues of the audience.
- Liaise with partners at associations and organizations to coordinate and edit supplied content.
Candidate must have:
- 2-5 years writing experience in B2B or business journalism
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of foodservice industry, foodservice equipment or business writing
- Facility in social media, digital content and newsletter content, including SEO and subject lines
- General familiarity with digital content management systems
- Strong commitment to accuracy, fact checking and deadlines
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume and cover letter to Kelly Killian, Editor-in-Chief and Chief Content Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org