Industry Moves And Promotions:
- Clinton Rueb is the new Regional Sales Manager for U.S. Cooler’s Midwestern territory including most of Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska. Rueb brings the Quincy, Ill., walk-in manufacturer more than 15 years of experience with Craig Industries.
- Denver-based 10 Strawberry Street has appointed hospitality industry veteran Robert Thomson as V.P.-Sales and Product Development. Thomson has held executive sales positions at Oneida Foodservice, Dudson, Carlisle Foodservice, and others during his more than 20 years in the hospitality tabletop sector. Thomson will join the executive team of COO Zach Zucker and Ruby Hershberger, V.P.-Sales and Marketing.
- DineEquity Inc., parent company of Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar and IHOP brands, has tapped John Cywinski, its former chief marketing officer, as President of Applebee’s. He joins the company from Brinker Int’l., where he served as executive v.p.-strategic innovation and marketing. From 2014-16, Cywinski was at Yum! Brands as president of KFC’s U.S. business, and was v.p.- U.S. brand strategy for McDonald’s Corp.
- Culver’s Restaurants awarded The Boelter Companies with its 2017 Premier Award. Boelter’s Jeff Reinhardt and his Culver’s team accepted the award from Culver’s President/CEO Joe Koss, V.P.-Supply Chain Greg Schneider, and COO Jeff Bonner. The Milwaukee dealer has been Culver’s exclusive equipment and smallwares supplier for more than 14 years. Last year, Boelter helped put together 46 new Culver’s locations and 50-plus remodel projects. The 619-unit Wisconsin chain plans to open up to 50 new stores in 2017.
- Antunes has received Exporter of the Year honors at the Governor’s Export Awards, presented by the Illinois Department of Commerce. The Carol Stream, Ill., company received the award in the Emerging/Small-Sized Illinois Companies category. Antunes ships around the world, including major chain customers in Asia, Australia, Europe, the Americas, and the Middle East; over the past three years, export sales have averaged 30% of total sales.