Mixing it Up: FER Mixer Celebrates Industry Awards
Members from every channel of the foodservice equipment-and-supplies industry came together for the Foodservice Equipment Reports Industry Awards Mixer on May 19. The event took place at Chicago’s Hyatt Regency McCormick Place immediately following the day’s close of the National Restaurant Association Show.
FER honored the 18 winners of its 2019 Young Lion, Industry Service and Management Excellence Awards; it also recognized the 25 recipients of the NRA’s Kitchen Innovations Awards. The awards mixer format was the first of its kind for the magazine. Instead of a sit-down ceremony, the mixer featured a brief awards presentation surrounded by plenty of opportunity for guests to mix and mingle.
FER extends a special thank you to the mixer’s sponsors, which made the event possible: Platinum: ITW Food Equipment Group and Welbilt; Gold: Ali Group; Silver: Advance Tabco, Continental Refrigerator, Heritage Parts, Jackson Warewashing Systems and Vollrath; and Association: CFESA and MAFSI.
The 2019 FER Industry Award Honorees are as follows:
Young Lion Awards:
- Commercial Operator: Brian Gill, Five Guys Enterprises
- Noncommercial Operator: Maya Vincelli, University of Richmond
- Dealer: L. Gene Clark, Clark Food Service Equipment
- Manufacturers’ Rep: Mike Klosterman, Apex Commercial Kitchen Co.
- Consultant: Joseph Schumaker, FCSI, SCG FoodSpace
- Service Agent: Dan Dibeler, K&D Factory Service
Industry Service Awards:
- Dealer: Brad Pierce, Restaurant Equipment World
- Consultant: Eric Norman, FCSI, Clevenger Associates
- Manufacturers’ Rep: Mike McGuire, Zink Foodservice Group
- Service Agent: Wayne Stoutner, Duffy’s-AIS
- Operator: Jeff Cook, McDonald’s Corp.
Management Excellence Awards:
- Large Commercial Chain (more than 250 units): Bloomin’ Brands
- Small Commercial Chain (fewer than 250 units): Shake Shack
- Noncommercial Operator: University of California San Francisco Medical Center
- Large Dealer (more than $40 million in revenue): TriMark USA
- Small Dealer (less than $40 million in revenue): Burkett Restaurant Equipment & Supplies
- Consultancy: SSA Foodservice Design + Consulting
- Service Agency: Hawkins Commercial Appliance Service