Major Foodservice Events Announcing Postponements
- Update April 20: Hotelex, is now postponed to an unspecified date. The Shanghai International Hospitality Equipment & Foodservice Expo, originally scheduled for March 29-April 1, had been rescheduled to June 15-18. The organizers say they are continuing with Hotelex sub-events, including Hotelex Chengdu (Aug. 13-15), Tianjin (Sept. 23-25), Shanghai - Autumn (Nov. 10-12) and Guangzhou (Dec. 15-17).
- Update April 8: SHFM has scrapped the in-person Critical Issues conference it had rescheduled for July 23. Instead, the organization says it will host a virtual conference that will take place "in a series of installments." Details are still being finalized.
- Organizers of the National Restaurant Association Show announced the cancellation of the May 16-19, a tentpole event in the restaurant industry. Full details here.
- FCSI EAME have decided to postpone its conference, slated for October 15-17, 2020 in Strasbourg, France, until April 2021.
- Excell Foodservice Equipment Dealer Network has now postponed its March 31-April 4 in Indian Wells, Calif as well as the virtual conference it has planned to replace it. New dates have not yet been announced.
- FCSI The Americas announced in an email that it is postponing its biennial 2020 conference, Camp FCSI. Update: New dates announced. August 24-26, 2020.
- After at first postponing the event until later this year, organizers of INTERNORGA 2020 have decided to cancel the show. Originally, it had been scheduled for March 13-17 in Hamburg, Germany.
- Commercial Kitchen 2020, the U.K. foodservice equipment show, is now scheduled to take place on
14-15 July 2020 at ExCeL London.Update: The event has been cancelled for 2020.
- IFMA announced it will now hold its Gold & Silver Plate Awards celebration on November 2 in Scottsdale, Ariz., not in May during the National Restaurant Association Show.
- FEDA announced Monday afternoon that it has rescheduled its annual conference to September 22-25 at the same location, the InterContinental Hotel in San Diego. It had originally slated to be held in San Diego on March 25-29. A web site has been set up for attendees to confirm registration for the new date.
- Hostelco and Alimentaria, both scheduled for April 20-23 in Barcelona have been rescheduled for September 14-17.
- The Conference for Food Protection announced on Friday that its executive board has decided to postpone its biennial meeting, which was scheduled for March 30-April 3 in Denver, Colo. No new dates have been set yet.
- Northern Ireland's IFEX announced it is moving its Belfast food, drink, hospitality show from March 24-26 to November 17-19.
- Int’l Pizza Expo & Int’l Artisan Bakery Expo has announced new dates. Originally scheduled for March 31- April 2, the event is now scheduled to occur on
Friday, June 26 through Sunday, June 28, 2020.Update: Event cancelled for 2020.
- The Nightclub & Bar Show, slated for Mar 30-April 1 in Las Vegas, has been rescheduled to
June 22-24, 2020at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Update: New dates October 19-21.
Check this page for additional breaking news updates on conference disruptions.