Major Foodservice Events Announcing Postponements
- Organizers of the National Restaurant Association Show announced the cancellation of the May 16-19, a tentpole event in the restaurant industry. Full details here.
- FCSI EAME have decided to postpone its conference, slated for October 15-17, 2020 in Strasbourg, France, until April 2021.
- Excell Foodservice Equipment Dealer Network has now postponed its March 31-April 4 in Indian Wells, Calif as well as the virtual conference it has planned to replace it. New dates have not yet been announced.
- FCSI The Americas announced in an email that it is postponing its biennial 2020 conference, Camp FCSI. Update: New dates announced. August 24-26, 2020.
- After at first postponing the event until later this year, organizers of INTERNORGA 2020 have decided to cancel the show. Originally, it had been scheduled for March 13-17 in Hamburg, Germany.
- Commercial Kitchen 2020, the U.K. foodservice equipment show, is now scheduled t take place on 14-15 July 2020 at ExCeL London.
- IFMA announced it will now hold its Gold & Silver Plate Awards celebration on November 2 in Scottsdale, Ariz., not in May during the National Restaurant Association Show.
- FEDA announced Monday afternoon that it has rescheduled its annual conference to September 22-25 at the same location, the InterContinental Hotel in San Diego. It had originally slated to be held in San Diego on March 25-29. A web site has been set up for attendees to confirm registration for the new date.
- Hostelco and Alimentaria, both scheduled for April 20-23 in Barcelona have been rescheduled for September 14-17.
- The Conference for Food Protection announced on Friday that its executive board has decided to postpone its biennial meeting, which was scheduled for March 30-April 3 in Denver, Colo. No new dates have been set yet.
- Northern Ireland's IFEX announced it is moving its Belfast food, drink, hospitality show from March 24-26 to September 17-19.
- Int’l Pizza Expo & Int’l Artisan Bakery Expo has announced new dates. Originally scheduled for March 31- April 2, the event is now scheduled to occur on Friday, June 26 through Sunday, June 28, 2020.
SHFM postponed the Critical Issues Conference slated for April 23 in New York City and the SHFM Foundation Golf Tournament, which was scheduled for May 4 in Purchase, New York. Update: SHFM announced on Friday, the conference will now be held Thursday July 23 at the Meredith Conference Center (same location as originally planned).
The Nightclub & Bar Show, slated for Mar 30-April 1 in Las Vegas, has been rescheduled to June 22-24, 2020 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Hotelex, the Shanghai International Hospitality Equipment & Foodservice Expo, originally scheduled for March 29-April 1, postponed its event until June 15-18.
Check this page for additional breaking news updates on conference disruptions.