NRA Calls for Kitchen Innovations Awards Entries
Organizers of the National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show are now accepting applications for the 2020 Kitchen Innovations Awards. Now in its 16th year, the KI Awards recognize innovations that meaningfully improve back-of-house operations; this is the forward-thinking equipment that generates industry growth through a focus on automation, efficiency, safety improvements, sustainability, waste solutions and more.
Manufacturers will display award recipients in the KI Showroom at the show, slated for May 16-19, at Chicago’s McCormick Place. The deadline to apply is Dec. 18. Manufacturers must have introduced the equipment within 24 months prior to the 2020 show to qualify.
Products must demonstrate considerable benefits to foodservice operators as determined by an independent panel of the following industry experts:
- Dan Bendall, principal, FoodStrategy Inc.
- David Chislett, executive principal, Ricca Design Studios
- Richard Eisenbarth, FCSI, president/COO, Cini-Little Int’l.
- Foster F. Frable, Jr., FCSI, Associate AIA, president, Clevenger Frable LaVallee
- Randy Homer, program manager, food and beverage operations asset management, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- Jim Krueger, Jr., CMCE, NRAMF, chief, Air Force Food & Beverage Policy, Procedures, Business Development & Strategic Initiatives Air Force Services Activity, Food & Beverage Branch
- Steve Otto, director, capital equipment purchasing, Darden
Visit nationalrestaurantshow.com/event-info/kitchen-innovations for more details on the KI program and how to apply. To see a list of previous award recipients, turn to this FER coverage.