Our Top 10 Online FER Stories of 2019
Mergers. Acquisitions. Openings. Promotions. Trade shows. Yes, 2019 has been another big news year for the foodservice equipment and supplies industry. But what mattered most to E&S pros like yourself? As a rough indicator, we ranked the 10 stories on Fermag.com that garnered the most traffic this year.
1. Parts Town and Heritage Join Forces
The two announced they would become one combined organization, extending their OEM parts distribution capabilities.
2. TriMark, Clark Lead Top Dealers of 2019
Dealers shared results of 2018 and what operators could expect going forward.
3. Edward Don Acquires Myers Restaurant Supply
Consolidation continued in dealer segment.
4. Bassoul Retires From Middleby, FitzGerald Named CEO
Brewer was named EVP/COO, Mittelman was tapped as CFO.
5. Takeaways From the 2019 Host Foodservice Equipment Show
Our visit to Host Milano revealed that operators' equipment needs around the world are more alike than they are different.
6. Standex Sells Cooking Group To Middleby For $105M
Four more brands fall under Middleby umbrella.
7. Several Equipment Industry Key Players Announce Expansion Plans
As many kept a close eye on key economic indicators, there were good signs pointing to growth in the equipment industry.
8. Haidilao Will Open London Branch
The hotpot chain sets sights on 80 new outlets this year.
9. How to Run a Gold Medal-Worthy Kitchen
Terri Moreman, former head of U.S. Olympic dining, shared her wisdom on great foodservice operations.
10. The NAFEM Show Recap: Four Themes That Stood Out
The show floor yielded key takeaways and innovations.