Personnel Changes And Company News:
- Kathy English, a familiar face as marketing communications manager at Allied Buying Corp., is retiring at the end of the month after 25 years at the Lombard, Ill.-based buying group. Sarah Celaya will succeed her in the post.
- The board of directors at the Commercial Food Equipment Service Association has voted to create the first CFESA Global Training Center at the group’s new headquarters. CFESA’s new offices in Fort Mill, S.C., about 18 miles from the Charlotte, N.C., airport, will house staff and three state-of-the-art training kitchens for electric, gas, steam and refrigeration equipment. It allows, for the first time ever, manufacturers, dealers and consultants to work with CFESA to facilitate demonstrations, classes and workshops. Major renovations on the 8,000-sq.ft. facility begin in August.
- Nor-Lake has been named the Heavy Equipment Vendor of the Year by the Excell Marketing & Procurement Group. Dealers in the Denver-based buying group vote in four categories for the recipients for their Vendor of the Year awards. This is the second consecutive year Nor-Lake has been honored by the group.
- Markus Glueck has been appointed as the new area v.p.-North America for Rational. He had served as president of Rational USA since joining the Rolling Meadows, Ill., company in April 2013. Glueck previously served as president/CEO of WMF Americas Group.
- Spring USA has appointed Posternak Bauer Associates as its New York-area sales agents. The rep firm will be responsible for the New York Metro area, consisting of New York City, Long Island, northern New Jersey and the lower Hudson Valley. Spring USA, headquartered in Naperville, Ill., manufactures buffet, induction and cookware products.