Richard’s Restaurant Supply Acquires Loubat Name
Richard’s Restaurant Supply has acquired Loubat Glassware & Cork Co., a firm that began business in 1875 in New Orleans’ French Quarter and has supplied many of the city’s famous restaurants. Financial details of the deal were not announced. Richard’s purchased the Loubat name and intellectual properties from Food Service Warehouse, which filed bankruptcy in October.
Richard’s got its start in 1977 in Houma, La., about 50 miles west of New Orleans, and services south Louisiana. Its 17,000-sq.-ft. headquarters facility offering foodservice equipment, smallwares, rentals, repair parts and service for the restaurant industry, as well as high-end retail kitchen appliances.
Throughout its long history, the Loubat family maintained control and adapted to various name changes, including Loubat Hotel & Restaurant Supply Co., Loubat L.Frank, Loubat Equipment Co., and finally the Loubat Division of Food Service Warehouse.