Foodservice Equipment Reports
Manufacturer/Dealer Global News Late Breaking News

De’Longhi To Acquire 40% Of Eversys

A strategic agreement between two European firms will combine the energies and marketing strategies of two coffee machine manufacturers.

Italy’s De’Longhi Group will acquire 40% of the Swiss Eversys Group, in an agreement that includes a two-way option whereby the remaining 60% would be transferred to De’Longhi within the next two to four years. No financial terms were disclosed.

Eversys SA, located in Ardon, engineers, manufactures and sells fully automatic espresso machines for the professional Horeca (hospitality, restaurants and catering) market. The company was founded in 2009. Every machine is handcrafted in Ardon from Swiss-made materials and sold globally to coffee shops, restaurants and contract caterers

The De’Longhi Group, based in Treviso, Italy, manufactures household appliance products and is a global market leader in the segment of coffee machines for the home. Its brands include Ariete, Braun and Kenwood; the firm employs more 7,100 people in multiple countries.

With the investment in Eversys, De’Longhi takes the first step into the professional espresso coffee market, with a focus on the fully automatic machines segment. “Eversys brings a wealth of technology, a management team with proven experience in the sector and the ambition to become a leading player in the global professional coffee market. This partnership is also driven by the technological, industrial and distribution synergies, which De’Longhi is able to assure” says Fabio De’Longhi, Vice Chairman and CEO of the De’Longhi Group.

“For Eversys the partnership with De’Longhi creates a significant potential of synergies, which will contribute to accelerate and secure our ambitious development plans,” says Martin Strehl, Chairman and Delegate of the Board of Eversys.

Eversys will continue to operate as a strategically separate entity, led by the previous management team and remaining located in the Region of the Valais, in Switzerland.

The transaction is expected to close by mid-July.

Related Articles

Alto-Shaam Acquires New Oven Technology From Appliance Innovation

Electrolux Acquires Grindmaster-Cecilware

Eversys Opens New Factory

Related Events

07 Nov

HORECA Poland Int’l. Trade Fair of Hotel and Catering Equipment

Krakow

25 Sep

Restaurant & Takeaway Innovation Expo

London

11 Nov

Equip’Hotel Paris

Paris