IFMA Unveils Silver Plate Winners
Nine operators were recently announced as Silver Plate Award winners during the annual Chain Operators EXchange held by the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association in Las Vegas.
IFMA’s annual Gold & Silver Plate Awards program, now in its 64th year, honors the nation's top foodservice operator talent. Silver Plate winners are nominated by IFMA members and industry leaders; one will be chosen to receive the 2018 Gold Plate Award, revealed for the first time at the Gold & Silver Plate Award Celebration May 19, during the NRA Show in Chicago.
2018 Silver Plate Winners:
- Independent Restaurants/Multi-Concept: Craig Huse, St. Elmo's Steakhouse
- Chain Full Service: Gene Lee, Darden Restaurants
- Chain Limited Service: Paul Brown, Arby's
- Health Care: James McGrody, UNC Rex Healthcare
- Elementary & Secondary Schools: Ken Yant, Director, Gwinnett County Public Schools
- Colleges & Universities: C. Dennis Pierce, University of Connecticut
- Business & Industry/Foodservice Management: Michiel Bakker, Food Program, Google
- Retail & Specialty: Voni Woods, Giant Eagle
- Hotels & Lodging: Susan Terry, Marcus Hotels & Resorts
IFMA has partnered with the National Restaurant Association and the Women's Foodservice Forum to celebrate leaders across the foodservice industry. The NRA will present its second annual Legends Award and WFF will debut its Women in Manufacturing Award.